The way the Yankees organization has handled its prospects in recent date and in the past has been pretty disappointing. Here is a primary example, in 2017, unless Aaron Hicks suffered the injury he did, we would’ve never seen the greatness of Aaron Judge on Opening Day. I feel the same thing is occurring with Clint Frazier, Miguel Andújar, and so many more. They don’t allow their young players to develop and play. Here is a list of prospects that should be playing:
- Clint Frazier, since Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton are both injured, the kid should play every game. He has had an incredible year thus far. He has a .292 batting average, 3 HRs, 11 RBIs, and 8 walks in just 15 games. He has shown that he deserves to be on the lineup and has been great at fielding this year.
- Miguel Andújar, the only reason Andújar hasn’t been explosive, is because he hasn’t played that many games. He hasn’t gotten enough at-bats. He has a .129 batting average, and it’s because they won’t play him over Grandpa Gardner. With Judge and Stanton out, this is when you call up your significant prospects and see what they got. However, we know Miggy can hit. In his rookie year, he had a .297 batting average, 27 HRs, 92 RBIs in 147 games. The kid needs time.
- Miguel Yajure, in his debut Yajure has been outstanding! He pitched 3 innings with 2 Ks, 3 BB, and finished the games with no runs allowed. The night later, he was called down to the alternate site, which is dumb. I hope he returns to the Major Leagues fast. He had a great debut!
- Deivi Garcia, this kid was out of this world in his debut. He went 6 IP, 6 Ks, 0 ER, 4 H, and 0 BB. He was extremely impressive and has proven he should be in the big leagues. However, the Yankees disagree since he was returned to the Alternate Site. The kid deserves a second start and could change the way our rotation is perceived.
- Clarke Schmidt, in the intrasquad games, this kid looked big-league ready. I heard he struck out Stanton and looked good. He’s 24 years old, and that’s usually when a pitcher gets called up to the big leagues, so if Garcia was in the Majors, I think Schmidt deserves a chance. Maybe during a doubleheader.
Many tend to say where would we play these young batters, and it’s an easy answer; Frazier can easily replace Gardner for the year when Judge and Stanton return, and Andújar should get at least 2-3 games a week. The young starting pitchers, Deivi Garcia and Clarke Schmidt should pitch doubleheader games and take J.A. Happ spot. Yajure is a reliever, so that’ll be an easy decision for Boone. However, guys like Gardner and Ford should not be everyday starters. They lost their stride or are just old. With some of our guys coming off the I.L., our team looks deadlier by the day. We have a great young team, and we need to allow our prospects to play since there are no Minor League games this year. Especially if they show, they are indeed big-league material. Thank you, everybody, for reading; this has been Jose Calderon III with FiveBoroughDispatch. Have a great day, everybody!